Sunday, March 16, 2014

In the summer of 2010 I started playing with the notion of a Led Zeppelin podcast. This blog was had progressed as far as it could without a push, and other people seemed to have twitter and Facebook covered. To move forward, something was needed, and I was surprised to discover no one else was doing a podcast on the subject of Led Zeppelin. Questions such as do I want to have a partner (in fact, my first idea was to do one with Led Zeppelin News' Steve "the Lemon" Sauer, with whom I had met up with in July. I had just finished doing a stint covering for Led Zeppelin News, and the two of us had a pretty good rapport. However, I couldn't see me finding a way to fit a regular weekly hookup into my weird, shift worker schedule), do I want to pay for a licence fee to use music, how on earth do you record and upload a podcast and could I actually sit and talk into a microphone for an hour.

On the night of August 17th, a Sunday, the house was quiet and I had a fair bit of wine in me. Time to try, I thought, and sat down at my computer. It was meant to see if I could actually do it, not to really record a podcast, but I pressed record so I could listen back, and started talking off the top of my head. Over 40 minutes later I finished, and what I had was not great - way too many uhmms, errs and "that's all I have to say about that"'s, but it wasn't wholly awful, so I took the plunge. It would be another three or four days before I figured out how to upload the podcast and get it to iTunes, and find a place to upload it to.

So it is, this week I celebrate the 50th episode, with news that the 1st three remastered albums are finally ready for release. I cover what we know, and what we will learn in the next few days.

As well, I review John Paul Jones Avante-Garde band, Minibus Pimps', 1st album, Cloud to Ground.






Thank you to everybody who's taken the time to listen over the past 50 episodes. It makes my day every time I hear from someone who listens.


You can download the podcast at Podbean or Spreaker. If you go to Spreaker, be sure to follow the episode.

You can also subscribe on iTunes. If you subscribe via iTunes, be sure to leave a review.

No comments: