Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Jason Bonham Does Do Interviews With Bloggers...

Just not, apparently, Led Zeppelin bloggers whose very town he's passing through.

The LeHigh Valley Music Blog, however, got a Jason Bonham interview before the Calgary show. As expected, it's the best interview I've seen so far, although the interview passes by a couple of questions that a)was on my list and b)were laying right there to be asked.jblze

A couple of snippets:
After the 02 Stadium show [in 2007] with Led Zeppelin, the expectation was that you guys were going to tour and then it didn’t happen. Can you tell me a little bit about what happened there?

...there was never talk of a tour before the 02, and after the 02, I think that was an idea the press had kind of built on. And there was no ever talk of a tour...the next phone call I got was in March, and then I flew to England to work with Jimmy and John Paul on writing material and to see what we could do musically together – and that was a great time...that was, for me, one of the highlights of my life – to have Jimmy page turn to you after we played a few ideas of his and John’s and then go, ‘Jason, have you got anything you want to work on?’

But I read a whole lot about the fact that Robert opted out of continuing on. Is that correct?

Robert gets a very tough time, gets hit hard because they kind of put it all on him. I’ve sat with Robert and we spoke very, very personally about my dad and the whole how he feels with it all...I felt very strong about his feelings for dad. His time has moved on. [He said] ‘I’m sorry if it’s not what you want to hear me say.’...

Lots more, and good interview. And Jason Bonham, now that we have established you do blog interviews...




No comments: