Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Myles Kennedy to fill Robert Plants Snake Skins?

An interview with Dee Snider of Twisted Sister and (more recently) Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares, for Much More Music's Where You At Baby produced the following:

...cause my manager represents Robert, and works with him, is that there saying, if you... were all rehearsed, were ready to go, here's a Gazillion dollars on the table. If you don't do it, we're going out with this kid (laughs) and he can sing the shit out of Zeppelin. And, ah, and there going to hope that Robert at the last minute will go OK and step in, before having the lead singer of Alter Bridge out with John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page and Jason Bonham.

I've been hearing the Myles Kennedy rumour for a while now, and have checked him out (and just because Dee Snider says it's so, doesn't make it so). He's a real singer, but whether his style is suitably Zeppelin, it's hard to say. My feeling is he could work very well if they produce some new music. But if Page, Bonham and Jones are just taking Mothership on the road, then Anne Wilson is probably just as good.

Here's Myles Kennedy and Alter Bridge doing Kashmir, which leads to a question: Does Page let Kennedy play any guitar? I would say another guitar player just inhibits Page's freedom.

2 comments:

Olof said...

Amazing singer and you used his best version of kashmir aswell.

Brian said...

Actually Olof,it was the best quality video I could find. But yea, I find as I listen to him I like him.