Sunday, July 24, 2011

Robert Plant Plays Small Event in Whales

On a day off from touring with the Band of Joy, Robert Plant turned up in Wales to play for 200 fans paying £3 each. The show was a fundraiser in Monmouth was held in honour of Plant's former producer, Pat Moran who died in January.

From the Online Metro:
It was amazing – he’s a rock god and he was playing in a village hall,’ said lifelong fan Darren Martin, 45.

‘It was a real honour to be there and he chatted with the audience afterwards.’ The 63-year-old singer performed a mixture of Led Zeppelin numbers and some from his solo career, including the hit Big Log.

The fundraising gig was held in honour of Pat Moran, 63, producer of Led Zeppelin’s first three albums, who died in January.

Mr Moran’s brother, Brian, said: ‘It was very kind of Mr Plant to join in – Pat would have been very proud.

Plant also signed a t-shirt which will be auctioned on eBay.

****************
Updated: July 25th. From the comments at The Sun (Neville Farmer):

To clarify, Robert Plant kindly offered to play at a tribute gig in Monmouth for his late producer, Pat Moran, who died of Picks Disease. He didn't play any Zeppelin numbers but one of his own, Big Log, and some rock and roll classics. The audience were largely invited locals who paid nothing to enter (not £3) and were asked to donate towards the charity that looks after Picks Disease sufferers. The rest of the line-up was as follows: Robbie Blunt (long time Planty collaborator on guiltar), Ray Martinez (Showaddywaddy guitarist), Paul Martinez (bassist to Robert, Phil Collins, Stretch etc), Pick Withers (Dire Straits drummer), Dave Charles (Dave Edmunds drummer), Verden Allen (Mott the Hoople's keyboardist), me on lead vocals and special last minute guests, Dave Edmunds and Martin Chambers (drummer from the Pretenders). Support was by Hobo, whose first album was produced by Pat Moran, Amanda Ward from Rockfield Studios and Steve McInerney


10 comments:

Backlinks said...

This post is great. Thank you for this post. I like this type of people who share knowledge with others.

custom t shirt site said...

In the great pattern of things you get a B+ for effort. Where exactly you misplaced me was in the particulars. You know, people say, the devil is in the details... And that could not be much more accurate at this point. Having said that, let me reveal to you what did do the job. The authoring can be really convincing and that is possibly why I am taking an effort in order to opine. I do not really make it a regular habit of doing that. Secondly, despite the fact that I can see a jumps in reason you come up with, I am not necessarily confident of exactly how you appear to connect the details which in turn help to make your final result. For the moment I will, no doubt subscribe to your point however wish in the foreseeable future you link the dots much better.------------ www.yescustom.com - Custom Your Shirt Watch etc.

custom t shirts said...

The very root of your writing while sounding agreeable originally, did not really sit properly with me after some time. Somewhere within the sentences you managed to make me a believer but just for a while. I however have a problem with your jumps in assumptions and one would do well to fill in those gaps. In the event that you actually can accomplish that, I will definitely end up being impressed.

抓猴 said...

You might want to increase your spam filtering, it seems like your blog has a lot of spam comments.5

Custom T shirts said...

The heart of your writing whilst appearing agreeable originally, did not really settle perfectly with me personally after some time. Someplace within the paragraphs you managed to make me a believer but only for a short while. I still have a problem with your leaps in logic and one might do well to help fill in all those breaks. In the event that you actually can accomplish that, I would undoubtedly end up being fascinated.

Charmain Keet said...

Blog is good!:) Perhaps you learn me blog myself??

Custom T shirts said...

I do like the way you have presented this specific issue plus it really does give me personally a lot of fodder for consideration. On the other hand, from what precisely I have witnessed, I basically hope as the comments pile on that individuals remain on issue and not embark upon a soap box regarding the news of the day. Yet, thank you for this fantastic point and whilst I can not necessarily concur with this in totality, I value your perspective.

Better SEO said...

Hello Website Owner! I really like your blog, I found you through Google so I thought I'd share this tip with you. There is a WordPress SEO add-on that does automated SEO for your website, automatic SEO plugins like this one are new in the online blogging scene so hopping on this now would give your page a big traffic spike guaranteed. If you're serious about making your blog get bigger and make money then check it out by clicking my name.

Gricelda Weinreich said...

I tried to submit a comment previously, however it hasn't shown up. I assume your spam filter may well be broken?

custom t shirts said...

The core of your writing whilst sounding agreeable initially, did not really work properly with me personally after some time. Someplace within the sentences you were able to make me a believer unfortunately only for a while. I nevertheless have got a problem with your leaps in assumptions and one might do well to help fill in those breaks. In the event you can accomplish that, I would certainly end up being fascinated.